The room is almost done…but I’m not going to show it all just yet…..a few more things to arrive. It’s been hard work, lots of sorting out which has been both physically hard and mentally hard! The only thing I have left is more labelling! I will do this bit by bit. :o))
Firstly a change in the line-up already! Sugar Plum's roof overhangs a bit too much, so much so that it pushes the tea shop too far over the edge. I did think about shortening the roof, but this will make it difficult to fit the roof. So I will making a shop to go here instead. It was already a planned shop and I will be using the Sid Cooke windows that I bought a while back (not direct from Sid Cooke because they do not sell them as separates).
Today I’ve been playing the dollshouse(s) shuffle! They moved up and down these chests like goodness knows what! I have a number of other kits to think about and where I want them. Not all will fit onhere, but I have a home for them.
For Christmas I was brought 3 shop kits, one is a corner shop. In total they are just under 3 and half feet wide by just under 18 inches deep and they all have 3 floors. Borgin and Burkes kit won't be here....this is simply showing where the 3 shops will start and will have to be pulled out to due to their depth (I have plugs on the back wall too). Directly in front of Sugar Plum's will be a square, I could have a street vendor or two here or a few wizards and wizards standing around chatting! lol
The first row of grey card is where the last shop will be, it's a corner shop. The grey card represents an alleyway to....
A shop here, which I will be making myself. I have a few ideas what it could be. ;o)
It will be a creepy alleyway! Not sure I'd want to go down it!
I’ve also glued in place Slug and Jiggers sign…at last, I’ve only had for goodness knows how long! This has been aged and distressed and I’m very happy with it. :o)) I have put Jain's witch on the roof...she's about to take off! Wheeeeee!
Slug and Jiggers is going to have to be moved and swap places with the teashop! It has to be turned so that I can open it and that would mean the bowed window would be facing the wall and I'd need a gap. The teashop has a window on that side too, however it is a flat window and does not stick out so it will be moved to where Slug and Jiggers is now.
Also, Sugar Plum's front ledge needs to be cut a bit (under the window), because the front needs space to open. You can't butt these shops up close because of that extra piece at the front of this kit. Janice, you will have the same problem with your line up if you haven't spotted it already. ;o)
I’ve moved the smaller half of Hogwarts onto my table as well as my mystery project. I have space for both and plan to work on them simultaneously (to the best of my ability!). lol Today the wallpaper arrived for it and I have aged some on a practise piece. I prefer it aged. :o)
I haven't worked on this part of Hogwarts today, I did this a while back...before the Craft Room was redone.
The new look Craft Room as you look in the doorway. It's not quite there yet...
My new chair.
This cushion is only as a make do for now, it will have a proper seat cushion, courtesy of my Mum who will make it for me.
The high up shelf unit is in situ and now dressed…this will change over time no doubt. I need to get a feel for my new table and what kind of table top storage I want…probably only a little seeing I have quite a lot!
I mentioned to my Mum that I wanted my name, ( I have a wooden set at work on my desk, only it's mirrored - red colour!) and I was going to buy the wooden letters myself and decorate them. She told my Sister and between them they battled it out who was going to make them for me! My Mum won, my Sister sent over the letter's from Luxembourg. My Mum then stole my stash of trim and recycled scrap-booking bits (some new bits were used too). These were completely created from items I already had. I cut and painted the wooden base they are on
I love them to bits! She will make me another set for when I have the brighter décor out.
My Mum's works fast, but these took her nearly 2 days to make. ;o) Even the backs of the letters are tidy and just as neat as the fronts!
The other shelving unit. This will eventually have kits on them too. In time, the telly can go and I can have a project on a moveable plinth (like Highgate or Centenary House (which I have) my Edwardian house).