Tuesday 10 July 2012

And now for something completely different!


Well, it’s been a while huh, my blog tells me it‘s been 2 months since I posted anything on here!  I said last time that you probably thought I’d been kidnapped by aliens, hmm I think this time I slipped down the back of the sofa and stayed there! Lol lol :oP

The dire weather in the UK has just got worse…..the Jet Stream is to blame…it’s too low or too high or something, so it’s sent our Spring and Summer to the moon and instead we have rain..not just showers I might add, but monsoon type weather, you should see my garden, I shall need machete soon to clear my pathway to my Summer House!! :o)

Today this little fella arrived from California, USA and he was only finished last week. :o))))) I am simply thrilled to bits with him and that‘s an understatement! He is made by the super talented Dawn Schiller. I have wanted one of her Chrono Seidh's before I even started blogging and that was in October 2009, so it’s a while huh! I tried unsuccessfully to win one via Ebay, but the time difference made it impossible for me to stay awake when the auction’s ended. Recently Dawn posted on her blog that anyone wanting one of her little men to contact her…I did so post-haste! ;o)))))

I gave her details of what I wanted and she’s exceeded all expectation’s I ever had of him, even the telescope she was able to do and fit in that case. :o))

He is much loved and oh so much wanted! He now lives in my craft room looking over me. He will eventually go into a special shadow box full of special mini’s and art pieces, but for now he’s with Humpty.  Thank you heaps Dawn!!!!! :o))))

I have done as much as I can on Flourish and Blotts, I am awaiting the counter and bookcases to be made and they won’t be ready till August/September. Once I have those I can go back and finish all the bits I need to. :o)

I have been listening to my Harry Potter audio CD’s, looking at my special Harry Potter books and looking at the films, this has helped loads because I have started work on Weasley Wizard Wheezes shop! I have just ordered lots of supplies for it. I have some of the shop display unit's already and in the midst of adapting some, I will be making some too. I already know what lights I need to buy….arh…those supplies lists are never ending! 

Well, those in the UK please stay safe and if you’re enjoying sunshine elsewhere…please oh please send some to the UK we are in great need,  I thought I‘d have to swim back from the Summer House today it was so bad! ;o))))

A big warm welcome to my new followers….I hope you don’t mind my ramblings and madness! :o))

Michelle xxxx 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, time flies by doesn't it and I think the bad weather is to blame! We are all so depressed by the total lack of Summer it has been impossible to feel rejuvenated.

    Love your new piece. They are fabulous little men aren't they.

    Supplies. Supplies. Supplies. It is never ending I know!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice,

      Always good to see and hear from you. :o)

      I think you're right! I'm sick of having to keep dry everytime I step outside...all we see is grey skies. (sigh) Just awful! I'm thinking of moving the Wealsey project into my craft room, at least I stay dry and the light is far better, not to mention being warmer! :o)

      I love the little man, now he did bring a smile to my face when he arrived. :o))

      I'm sure between us we could open a shop! lol Supplies are a never ending requirement! lol ;o))

      I did answer your questions on FB, I am having problems with adding descriptions and seeing my own and others comments, so I'm not sure what others are able to see too?!

      I'm not online much now, I am off work this week which is why I've surfaced...more free time. :o))

      Michelle xx

      Delete
  2. Good to see you back Michelle! And yes, that little man is GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sans,

      It's been quiet huh! lol It's only a fleeting moment though, lack of time etc.

      Doesn't he just bring a big smile to ya face? :o))))

      Michelle xx

      Delete
  3. I wish Colorado could send you its sun because we desperately need the rain! maybe a trade is in order? ;) I can't wait to see how your shop progresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole,

      Sounds like more than a fair deal to me, I am sure peeps in the UK would be most grateful! :o))) I know there are many states in the US that are having a heatwave and that's no fun either. :o(

      Progress will be slow for a while, but once things come together things will speed up. ;o))

      Michelle :o))

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to see what you're going to do with your new Harry projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anna,

    Aww you'll have to wait a while yet, but the Weasley shop is rather different from the rest...well it's colourful to say the least! lol

    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete