Just a little impromptu post!I may have been quiet but I have been busy. ;o)
The main builds of Mrs Puddifoot's Teashop, Sugar Plum's Sweet Shop, Flourish & Blotts and Mr Mulpepper's are all but finished bar some small things that need finishing. I am still busy buying for the fillings of...alas that is an ongoing thing! I am awaiting commissions to be completed for Mrs Puddifoot's, and Slug & Jiggers. So my attention and time has been diverted to new and existing projects that require starting on and completing!
The new projects are all Gothic architecture, however my current one is probably more of an unusual Victorian building. Its theme started off as something else, but I woke up one morning this week and decided it would make a better small, but Nanny McPhee's house. It's a project that's been on the back burner for a few years and was going to be in a much larger house, but as you only see a handful of rooms it got downsized to a room box at one point....but it's been upgraded to a one up and one down house instead! lolI'm not sure I'll keep all the porch/veranda detailing...I may make it more Nanny McPhee house like.
The inside is tiny!I may add a wall or too to make it more interesting...
However, space is tight! lolThe high apex of the roof makes for a perfect children's bedroom...it's supposed to sleep 7, one being a cot. I'll have to see what I have room for. Again, changes will be made and I will add tongue and groove to create a low inner wall.
The above show all dry build photo's...I have a few American kits, but this is the first one that I've built and they are so different from British ones and having an open back is only one such difference. This one is built by floor's and I don't think all American kits are. However, I am hopeful I can glue the bottom half segments together so I can decorate easier...as long as I add the upper floor whilst the segments are drying, to keep them in the correct positions, and then remove it once they are secure and dry. Well that's my plan and aim. ;o)
Painting is still ongoing as I write, but I have glued these pieces together.
I'm not sure I will use all the pretty embellishments for this building, I may use the surplus for another project that I am doing.
Anyone that knows the film and house knows it's rather outlandishly decorated....the word tacky and bright doesn't cover it! lol I'll be doing the garish green study and the children's bedroom. I may add some of the pertinent colours to the outside window frames etc...but I will see, because what works in real life doesn't always work in miniature.
I may add a stained glass window to this arched window.
I've stained the floor before I start on any type of flooring to be added.
The is the front door wall panel and a half way wall that goes inside the house. I may create a hall way here (where the screwdriver is laying) with a doorway into the study. The hallway is a deep shade of cobalt blue! The entire house is in a rather distressed and rotten state too! lol
Or I may create an l-shaped hallway....and have the stained glass window in it. It all depends on how much space I think I need for the study, but I think it will work though. I am going to add a back wall that opens out which will cover the back of the house. This will help to reduce dust getting into the building and I can add false doors and dress it hopefully too.
The front and its veranda. The real house has decorated porch posts and steps from the front. This house has steps up from the side....I may change that too.
I'm going to add aged Victorian red tiles here...alas I am awaiting the seller to come back off holiday so I can purchase some! Arh....the waiting game again!
I hope you don’t mind my ramblings and madness! :o))