If you're wanting to see nice pristine wallpaper and the like, look away now...or better still, take yourself off and make a pot of tea and have a nice slice of cake with it instead! lol :oP
Anyhow, here's an update on the terrace! Well, I had an experiment with distressing the shiny wallpaper first and that was quite a challenge! I tried acrylic varnish, tea and sanding. Well only the sanding worked and even then it takes care and attention. Any photo's that appear to still have shiny wallpaper, it isn't, it's just where the light is hitting the back wall because the terrace is now tilted backwards. ;o) When sanding, one mustn't use a coarse grade of paper, use only the finest grade otherwise you will achieve the wrong look entirely. My photo's are still very much WIP and I will wait till I turn the project back the right way up before I do any of the other rooms.
Remember you are looking at a lot of flipped photo's because the terrace is still upside down so I can work on it, so many things are still defying the pull of gravity! ;o)) I've also included photo's with and without the flash so you can see the difference colour tones!
I've been working on the interior doors, I'm not sure if they will all be this cream colour, or whether the other rooms will be either stained or just a darker paint. I forgot to take my camera into the cabin for 2 days, so I have fewer progress photo's! Grrr!
One door shown has just been primed/under-coated several times and then with 2 coats of top coat colour applied. The other after ageing etc. They were a bit time intensive and although they may need a few finishing touches I am mostly happy with them, I really wanted a dirty look. You can see the my Brews & Stews B and B will be a bit of a dive! lol
The other side which is will be seen in the bedroom...not quite as dirty as you may have noticed! lol The separate architrave has had the same 'treatment'! lol
I did the other door slightly more dirty, the hallway door infact! lol
Trying the door in situ. ;o))
This is my favourite bedroom, yes, all rotten and all! :o)
The wallpaper after some acrylic ageing wash. This is a slow job, never be overly keen to do too much at once and always remove the excess water with a cloth, otherwise you may find your wallpaper suffers a bit too much to look remotely realistic! lol
I wanted to show some peeling wallpaper...all still very much WIP and I will continue once the terrace is turned the right way up so I can see where the light is throwing itself into the room etc.
I'm mostly okay with the results so far, but I am hoping to get it looking more authentic, the paper isn't the easiest to work with, ;o/
The larger of the two bedrooms, this room still needs a lot of tweaking!
This room for some reason works better for the ageing! That isn't shine on the back wall just where the light is hitting...I can't angle the camera to miss it!
The skirting board still needs to be added to all the attic rooms.
The false door on the false wall in the bathroom, before ageing...
The false door, after ageing....this door is really dirty! lol
I have also started on the bathroom itself! Yay!!! I'm having tongue and groove in here, so I didn't use a whole sheet of wallpaper on the wall. ;o))
The wallpaper so far, I won't do the other wall until the false wall is glued in situ, as I want to try and have one strip of wallpaper so no more joins to hide.
Cutting the tongue and groove. I started off with the back wall.
Again I won't cut the remainder until the false wall and door are glue in situ. ;o))
I wanted to add texture and roughness to my tongue and groove, to give the appearance of many layers of ageing paint underneath the green!
The distressing has began....whilst I painted it on the first coat (not sure if will have another coat)! lol
The bathroom rafters have been cut and primed. I will paint them the same colour as the ceiling paper. All the ceilings need a lot more ageing and dirt added!
The top landing that will hardly be seen...but as you can never be sure what can be seen, I still wanted some decoration etc.
How the false door will look in the bathroom. The bath will probably go on the back wall. ;o))
The other lower rooms (not the ground floor) have all had their papers distressed (sanded only at this point)...they may have some more sanding done to them. It was very messy and dusty work and wearing a mask is highly advised!
It's getting there.... ;o)) Still the cornicing, skirting boards to name a few things to be added yet.
I hope you don’t mind my ramblings and madness! :o))